All verticals Assignments Analyses Software Datasets How-tos
Found 13 results in 0.0 seconds for the advanced query:
|Any field could match.
|All verticals were searched.
- Group Analysis of Team Proposal Using Textual Visualization Tools Lexos and Voyant Students utilized the textual analysis tools of Lexos and Voyant to identify and analyze word frequencies, positive and negative correlations or juxtapositions of words across a collaborative document (i.e. a group proposal) in order to facilitate the revision process and to craft a singular, unified voice. Versions:ENG110—Introduction to Professional Writing (DiSarro, Spring 2018)
- Local/Regional Perspectives on the Myth/Enlightenment Dialectic (respectively, Wallerstein’s world-systems analysis) Students individually create a set of overlays (images, labeled paths, tours, texts, etc.) in GoogleEarth Pro indexing some of the major events and developments of a particular geographical-social-cultural region, integrating and/or dissociating the dynamics of these events and developments with the analysis provided by Horkheimer and Adorno in Dialectic of Enlightenment (respectively, narrative presented by Immanuel Wallerstein of the modern world-system ca. 1500-2000 in World-Systems Analysis: An Introduction). Versions:PHL220—Ideas, Culture and Social Thought (Gangle, Fall 2017)
- Professional Writing Text Comparison for Word Choice, Style, and Audience Students will use Voyant to compare professionally written journalism texts across genres to analyze word and style choices and make connections to intended audience. Versions:CMM207—Writing for the Media (Livingstone, Spring 2018)
- Framing Analysis of the Opioid Crisis in Print News Students identify dominant frames in opioid crisis new stories using text analysis. Versions:
- U.S. Holocaust Memorials and Museums In this assignment, students analyze an interactive map with layers (geographic location of all monuments, and geographic spread of monuments by decade) as well as a timeline showing the number of monuments created in each decade from 1940s through 2010s. Versions: